– Department of Corporate Services
– Department of Mines
– Department of Energy
– Mineral Affairs Division
– Diamond Hub
– Projects & Energy Development Unit
– To support the delivery of the Ministry’s core mandate
– To instill an organizational culture of excellence
– To provide quality support services by efficiently and effectively managing its resources and adhering to best management practices.
– This is to ensure that mineral resources are prospected, developed and exploited in a sustainable manner.
– To enhance socio-economic, financial and other benefits to Botswana from exploiting mineral resources.
– monitors compliance with all the relevant legislation pertaining to prospecting and mining activities.
– Is the lead policy-making authority of the Government on all matters of energy supply and demand management.
– To formulate and coordinate national energy policy and programmes.
– To facilitate the availability of effective, reliable and affordable energy services to customers in an environmentally sustainable manner.
– Is the lead policy-making authority of the Government on all matters of mining and mineral sector development.
– It is responsible for the formulation, implementation and monitoring of policies for the mining and minerals sector, and sub-sectors.
– The division gathers market intelligence and promotes investment in minerals.
– Coordinate the development of diamond beneficiation industries.
– Administer the implementation of Kimberly Process requirements.
– Provide business development services and regulate diamond beneficiation operations.
– Botswana Power Corporation (BPC) www.bpc.bw
– Botswana Energy Regulatory Authority (BERA) www.bera.co.bw
– Botswana Oil Limited (BOL) www.botswanaoil.co.bw
– Botswana Geoscience Institute (BGI) www.bgi.org.bw
– Minerals Development Company Botswana (MDCB)
– Okavango Diamond Company (ODC)